[OS X TeX] CGI TeX processing

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Mon Oct 18 10:35:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

I wrote a short CGI script to automate TeX processing. Now I am a little lost with the TeX environment variables.

In normal operation TeX finds the files in ~/Library/texmf, although the export TEXMF line is commented in my .bash_profile.

Where is it set?

When running the script, TeX (in this case, pdflatex) complains about missing classes and styles (which are in my texmf dir).

When I use the following line in the Perl script:

$ENV{TEXMF} = "/Users/jan/Library/texmf";

it does not find pdflatex.emft, pdflatex.cfg and other files. How can I get the script to act as if I started pdflatex myself on the command line?

I found the kpsewhich man page and read some snippets about the TeX environment variables, but this is all a little confusing.

Thanks,

Jan
--
If all else fails read the instructions. - Donald Knuth
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>