[OS X TeX] preview-latex and carbon emacs

Matthew Hills hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 8 18:44:48 CEST 2004

On Oct 7, 2004, at 2:59 PM, Tamas K Papp wrote:
> Has anybody managed to make the above (preview-latex and carbon emacs)
> work?  I tried to compile preview-latex, and I managed after a bit of
> pain (it did not find a lot of things), but it's not working.  Is
> there a bundled version of emacs with preview-latex and auctex?

As I recall, carbon emacs doesn't support the picture embedding that is
needed for preview-latex.  It works okay with auctex, however.

I got both to work with (xemacs?) running under X11.   While the idea
of preview-latex was pretty appealing, I wasn't particularly attracted
to the implementation.

I don't know of any distribution with these applications bundled.

On a related note, I see a new version of LyX noted on versiontracker...

Matt

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>