[OS X TeX] Microtype & phv

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 11 21:31:37 CET 2004

Le 11 nov. 04, à 21:22, Herb Schulz a écrit :

> I just heard back from Robert Schlicht, the author of the microtype
> package
> and the fix is actually quite simple. Pdftex can only expand fonts
> that it
> actually adds to the produced pdf file. Since I had the defaults in
> updmap
> set to NOT download the Basic 14 (or 35 or ?) fonts it got confused.
> Changing that option so that those fonts are downloaded makes
> everything
> work.

I was just experimenting with this, to try to reproduce your problem,
but I couldn't. It's strange because I normally have set to download
the base 14 fonts (for pdfTeX and dvipdfm) or 35 fonts (for dvips), and
I had 5 minutes ago tried:

sudo updmap --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14 false

But still I could not get your error message. Thus it must have been a
combination of factors.

Bruno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>