[OS X TeX] TeXShop and epstopdf font substitution

Alan Curtis acurtis at ieee.org
Thu Nov 11 19:38:27 CET 2004

I am importing some old eps files into a tex document using pdflatex,
TeXShop and \usepackage{epstopdf}. I thought that the package calls the
'epstopdf' Perl script.

'locate epstopdf' reports

/Applications/texshop/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/epstopdf
/Applications/texshop/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/epstopdfwrap
/Applications/texshop/TeXShop_Folder/Scripts/bin/epstopdfc
/Applications/texshop/TeXShop_Folder/Scripts/Droplets/epstopdf.app
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/epstopdf

So which 'epstopdf' is called by TeXShop?
Does that epstopdf use ghostscript and its Fontmap file?
And can I use the Fontmap file to make an alias to substitute say
Times-Roman for Helvetica?
(The old eps figures have a little text I would like to change.)

Alan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>