[OS X TeX] Re: TL 2004, mathtime & mtbold

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Nov 8 12:46:59 CET 2004

Le 8 nov. 04, à 12:24, Jürgen Pöschel a écrit :

> At the moment I do have access to my TL 2004 installation
> at home, but I am afraid that this is not the problem.
> In updmap.cfg, I already disabled belleek.map, and activated
> mt-yy.map and mt-plus.map.
>
> Also, my bare bones example above does not involve any bold math.
> That's why I do not have any clue what is going on.

You need to recreate the content of the directory
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/mathtime/, by:

- downloading LaTeX's mathtime support files from CTAN, for example
<ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/psnfssx/
mathtime/>,

- opening mathtime.ins and making sure the following line is not
commented out:

	\def\mtplus{mtplus}

and this other is indeed commented out:

	%\def\mtplus{}

- latexing mathtime.ins,

- put the generated .sty and .fd files in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/mathtime/ and run "sudo
texhash" (without the quotes) in Terminal, or simply put these files in
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/mathtime/ (no need to run texhash then).

You're done!

That's mentioned, albeit without much detail, as point 2c) in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/fonts/mathtime/README.teTeX.

Explanation: the default LaTeX support files for MathTime are now, in
TL 2004, generated for the basic font set only, not including the bold
math fonts etc. This is fine by me, as I only own MathTime 1.1, not
MathTime Plus, but inconvenient for people like you who own both sets.
It's really a pity that the switch between MathTime basic and Plus must
be applied at the time the .fd and .sty files are created, instead of
being a style option like [expert] for Lucida fonts.

HTH,

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>