[OS X TeX] kind of TeXShop for Windows ?

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Mon Nov 1 17:17:17 CET 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 10:53:48PM +0100, Maarten Sneep wrote:
> On 31 okt 2004, at 21:44, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
>
> >ProTeXt can be found at http://www.tug.org/ftp/texlive/protext/,
> >is based on MikTeX and is to be included in the next TeX Live as a
> >separate item.
>
> That is still a very limited description. What does it do? Is it the
> MikTeX package manager, adapted to work on a TeXLive install?
>
> Maarten

I just downloaded and tried out proTeXt on a scratch virtual
Windows. Besides MikTeX, it includes TeXnicCenter, Winedt,
Ghostscript and GSView, which makes it pretty complete.
Installation is run from a pdf installation manual.

As I understand, proTeXt is designed to be packaged with the TeX
Live cd set, but is otherwise completely separate from it. There
is a second Windows version in TeX Live, fpTeX, which IS
integrated.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>