[OS X TeX] Major path puzzlement

William F. Adams wadams at atlis.com
Tue May 11 19:13:25 CEST 2004

On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, at 12:38  PM, <stephenmoye at cox.net> wrote:

> Here is my $PATH:
>
> /sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/local/bin/:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/
> local/
> bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/usr/X11R6/bin
>
> What am I looking for, and what do I change, and to what? ...And is
> there life
> after TeX? ;>}

Break it down to what points to fink stuff (anything beginning with
/sw/bin) and delete those lines, so:

/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:

at the beginning should be deleted.

> Will xetex install if I remove sw?

Yes.

> Or should I do as you suggest at the end of
> your emai?

Only if you don't edit your path.

Editing your path is the correct fix---I was in a mood when it came up
for me, and haven't taken the time to fix it right.

William