[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Tue May 4 19:07:56 CEST 2004

On May 4, 2004, at 9:17 AM, William F. Adams wrote:

> If faint of heart means unwilling to learn the proper way of doing
> things and to read manuals, no.
>
> I've a list of free references for TeX up on my site at
>
> http://members.aol.com/willadams/books-e-tex.html
>
> I'd be glad of further suggestions.
>
> William

Also useful as a reference is the footer of every document in this
discussion. See "References".

My Getting Started document does just what it says, although it could
be improved some more. It doesn't seem to ever be cited in these
discussions, and I don't know why. If it needs improvement, please
advise. The .tex source is available, so one could easily edit it and
send it to me for updating/posting.

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater