[OS X TeX] LaTex Margin Help

Robert Lyons rwlyons at mac.com
Fri Mar 26 05:58:32 CET 2004

Hello All,
I am new to the list and fairly new to LaTex, so I  have a question
that I am sure that you can help me with. I am writing a book, and the
printer has some requirements for the margins as well as the header and
the footer. The only information that I have been able to find so far
was to use the Geometry package. This is what I have at this point:

\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry {left=2.63in, right=2.63in, top=0.7in, bottom=4.7in}

The problem is that I do not know how to set my header and my footer
with this command. These are the requirements from the printer

Left Margin 2.63in
Right Margin 2.63in
Top Margin 0.7in
Bottom Margin 4.7in
Header 0.5in
Footer 4.5in

This is all to be set up on 8.5 X 11 paper.

Any help that you can give me would be really great. Thanks in advance.

Robert