[OS X TeX] Nobody knows

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Mar 23 12:26:14 CET 2004

Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:

> As an aside: I will like to know if there is someone (like me) who still
> works with DVI files and does not like MacDviX?
> (i.e. somebody would like to use a fast Cocoa DVI previewer?)

No, but I agree that MacDviX is slow and it would be nice to have such a
thing. If DVI files were meant to be rendered *fast* (and they are on
other systems) then clearly there is a fair amount of optimisations that
could be done. xdvi works pretty well, but it's not a very clean
solution to many people.