[OS X TeX] Nobody knows

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Tue Mar 23 12:16:08 CET 2004

On 23 Mar 2004, at 10:51, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 23 mars 04, à 10:13, Will Robertson a écrit :
>
>> To conclude my post of questions no-one will answer (don't use this
>> sentence as an excuse, though)---has anything been done by anyone on
>> using folder packages to represent TeX documents with a single file?
>
> There has been a discussion on this among the MacTeX working group of
> TUG, and a special initiative (called TeX Wrapper) launched by Gerben.
> This initiative was finally terminated early this year, due to lack of
> developers' interest.
>
> If you think TeX wrappers (the technical name for folder packages,
> like .pkg packages, appearing as single files in OS X) are
> interesting, it's time to advocate them, so that developers' interest
> could be revived.

Wrapper, package or bundle... Whatever it is, when it first appeared on
the list I though it was a good idea to implement a compact way to keep
TeX files away all together. It will be more practical and MacOSXish.

I will support happily any initiative in this direction.

As an aside: I will like to know if there is someone (like me) who
still works with DVI files and does not like MacDviX?
(i.e. somebody would like to use a fast Cocoa DVI previewer?)

Massimiliano Gubinelli
(Who hopes Replay-All will do the right thing...)