[OS X TeX] Link to sections inside external files (hyperref, hyper-xr)

Ross Moore ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 17:31:17 CEST 2004

Hi Martin and Guido,

On 29/06/2004, at 10:51 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Guido Mocken wrote:
> []
>> All three methods work only up to a point: When I click the link, the
>> file myfilename.pdf is opened in AcrobatReader, but no jump to the
>> linked section is performed.
>> Besides that, the first document is closed after the second is
>> opened. How can I avoid that from happening?
>> Update:
>> While I was writing this,  I noticed that everything works perfectly
>> when I use Acrobat Reader 5.1 instead of 6.0! Is this a bug, or some
>> preference setting in v6.0 that I have overlooked?
>
> It is a (very annoying) bug in Adobe Reader 6.0. If you find a
> solution, please don't forget to publish it here.

There are quite a few things that stopped working in AR 6.0.
Some were disabled purposely, other are doubtless bugs.

The latest version of AR is now 6.0.2  --- dated 19/05/04 but only
announced earlier this month, so far as I'm aware.
Have you updated and checked whether it works with this version ?

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114