[OS X TeX] configuration

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Jun 24 14:58:32 CEST 2004

> On 23 jun 2004, at 16:18, Frans Goddijn wrote:
>> By the way I *do* have a "psfonts.map" in my own
>> /Library/texmf/DVIPS/CONFIG/ directory. Maybe it's not found because
>> of the
>> upper caps path/name. I tried to change that into lower caps, doing a
>> right-click on the map icon, but that didn't help until Hans told me
>> one
>> should keep the left button down on the name for a few seconds... aha.
>
> Selecting the directory in hte finder and giving an enter should work
> as well. Given the case preserving but case insensitive nature of the
> filing system, I would think that case doesn't matter in this case. So
> this .map file might very well collide with what you want to have.

Case does matter at the unix level. Remember HFS+ is not case insensitive,
but case-preserving. Hence, at the unix level a cd ~/Library/texmf/dvip"s
will not work if the cirectory is called DVIPS. Nor will the TeX standard
settings work, where the names are lower case.

Turn all those into lower case. But then be prepared that you actually
start using those files and they might conflict with the rest of your TeX.