[OS X TeX] configuration

Frans Goddijn frans at goddijn.com
Wed Jun 23 14:19:17 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Thanks to responses to my previous beginner's question I was able to
find back the installer and re-run it, getting and configuring the TeX
part of installation, this time with the formats, hyphenations and
language options that I want. Yay!

On my XP system, I have a personal "MyTeXLive" dir structure where my
own style files are and where my own font installations are. (I copied
that to my desktop on the Mac.)

In the 5 page notes with TeXshop (texshop.html) that I printed, it says
that I can do a similar thing on my Mac. BUT it says that the location
where TeXLive files are stored is "not visible in the finder"

On the XP, I would have copied files using a Norton Commander-lookalike
program, and I would edit the relevant pdftex.cfg et cetera files with
Winedt.

How do I do this on the mac?

"Personal files should be stored in ~/Library/texmf"

On my Dutch system, that dir is called "Bibliotheek"  -- should I file
stuff there or should I create the /Library directory structure for it?

Ouch. I'm not extremely bright on my XP setup, but I can install stuff
there. In this new environment I feel embarrassingly dumb.

Best regards,

Frans
www.goddijn.com