[OS X TeX] AquaTkbibtex

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 04:01:28 CEST 2004

On 22 Jun 2004, at 4:07 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> Note: everything must be installed in /Applications/AquaTkbibtex. Just
> move the folder that is pulled from the zip file. I have the paths
> hard-coded in the AppleScript launcher. This instruction isn't on the
> website, but it is in the readme file.

Hi Kevin

While I don't use a graphical bib manager yet (I like doing it manually
at the moment...) this looks real nice. Thanks!

For your display dialog lines in the applescript, may I suggest the
following instead?

display dialog "AquaTkbibtex will launch in a few moments." buttons
{"•"} default button 1 giving up after 1

It allows you to tell the user what's going on without them becoming
upset at having to click "OK". You may want to increase the timeout
value (why oh why did Apple choose to use the phrase "giving up after"
rather than the simple word "timeout" ?).

Also, is there an easy way to change the hard coded path in the
Applescript? I looked inside the package contents (of AquaTkbibTeX.app)
but I couldn't find anything relevant in there.

Cheers,
Will