[OS X TeX] [ANN] TCOBrowser-0.63

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jun 21 01:10:55 CEST 2004

On 20 Jun, 2004, at 15:27, Frank STENGEL wrote:

> Le 20 juin 04, à 19:12, Adam Maxwell a écrit :
>
> Thanks, I'll try the new version ASAP

Okay.  There will also be another unplanned update today, with some
improvements to the MiKTeX cab extraction (it will show what was
extracted and where).  Barring any major bugs, there won't be any more
updates for a while, as I need to get some other things done.  I don't
want to overdo the ``release early, release often'' thing :).

>> Ouch.  What hardware are you using?  I haven't tried to optimize
>> anything yet, but a 1600 item tableview might be inherently slow.
>> Have you tried searching to limit the number of items displayed?
>
> Cube accelerated to 1GHz. Single line scroll is ok. However page down
> is rather slow (about as fast as the same amount of single line
> scrolls. It is as if it tries to refresh the side drawer for every
> line that is scrolled...

It will refresh the drawer if it is open, but I think the slowdown is
due to my tableview datasource.  Filtering it to reduce the number of
items seems to speed up the scrolling.  I'll add this to my list of
things to look at.

--
Adam