[OS X TeX] mathtime in prosper

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 19 03:52:56 CEST 2004

I'm using prosper to make a slide presentation and I run into a problem
with mathtime: with \usepackage{mathtime} in the preamble I get a LaTeX
error message:

) (./icops-1.aux)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/mathtime/my1mtt.fd)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/mathtime/my2mtt.fd)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/mathtime/my3mtt.fd)
No file TS1helvetica.fd.

! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

If at this point I hit return, the document typesets with no further
complaints and equations show properly in mathtime -- however, it is
inconvenient to  have to hit return each time to get past this error.
The error message makes it sound as if there is something wrong with my
setup but I haven't encountered this glitch in any other package I've
used.

By the way, prosper requires Tex & Ghostrscript to typeset, yet that
does not seem to be the cause of the problem because when I use
article/mathtime/Tex & Ghostrscript I don't get this error.

Themis