[OS X TeX] [ANN] TCOBrowser 0.6

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jun 17 03:29:14 CEST 2004

On 16 Jun, 2004, at 15:48, Neal Stoughton wrote:

>>> Hopefully this will make it easier for people to find those random
>>> packages on CTAN and install them, as well as make local
>>> documentation
>>> more accessible.  I'm open to feature requests and ideas, but
>>> preferably in the form of patches :).
>
> This would be much nicer if it would install the packages for you.

Indeed :).  CTAN's setup is not conducive to that, as we have discussed
on this list.  Also, as far as I'm concerned, Gerben is the GUI
installer maintainer, and I see no reason to duplicate his work or make
his life and mine more complicated by mucking about with TeX installs.
Having said that, I think this would be a reasonable way to find a
package, then hand the MiKTeX URL off to i-Installer.

rgds,
Adam