[OS X TeX] Revisiting Using Hoefler Text Inside TeX

Musa Furber musaf at runbox.com
Tue Jun 15 22:47:47 CEST 2004

Last year there was a thread entitled "Using Hoefler Text Inside TeX",
around May.

I followed what was mentioned in the thread (use fontforge, ttf2tex,
edit the pdftex.cfg, and then a sample file). I ended up with a
document that uses Hoefler Text. Unfortunately, the various ligatures
(e.g., ff) appear as their un-ligatured (?) form.

Any advice?

And yes, XeTeX does handle this well,though noticeably slower than
pdflatex. Since others were successful in this last year, I thought I
would ask.

Regards,
Musa