[OS X TeX] Re: fourier

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 11:50:51 CEST 2004

Thanks for all the tips!

> the /fonts/type1/public/fourier/ directory in that
> download goes into ~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/public/ directory in
> your
> personal texmf tree, etc.
>
> The last thing you need to do is go into Terminal and execute
>
> sudo updmap --enable Map fourier.map
>
> give your admin password when prompted and wait for the maps to be
> updated.

I must have done something dreadfully wrong, because the output is
horrible and I get dozens of error messages such as these:

> Warning: /usr/local/bin/pdflatex (file futb8r): kpathsea: Running
> mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+62/600 --dpi 662 futb8r
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for futb8r.
> Font futb8r at 442 not found
>
> Warning: /usr/local/bin/pdflatex (file futb8r): kpathsea: Running
> mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+497/600 --dpi 497 fourier-mlit
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for fourier-mlit.
> Font futb8r at 662 not found
>
> Warning: /usr/local/bin/pdflatex (file fourier-mlit): kpathsea:
> Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+497/600 --dpi 497
> fourier-mex
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for fourier-mex.
> Font fourier-mlit at 497
> not found

What can I have done wrong? I note (via Google) that the identical
question appeared on this mailing list in September 2003. I followed
the thread a long way, but there was no solution.

Larry