[OS X TeX] Fink

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jun 2 08:22:34 CEST 2004

On 2 Jun 2004, at 15:06, Dr.John R.Vokey wrote:

> A silly question, no doubt, but messing with Gerben's TeX installation
> is not something I will tolerate.

Not at all. Given the noise about fink conflicts I can understand your
concerns...

> How does one use Fink, and not screw-up my all-important
> Gerben-related TeX stuff?

If you don't install any TeX-related stuff through fink, everything
should be fine. Even if you do, there should be no conflicts on an
application level. If fink messes with your path, I suppose there is a
small chance it will overwrite Gerben's change---but even if it does
that's easy to fix (and will only affect things if you use TeX on the
command line). My advice would be to plunge right in.

Good luck!
Will