[OS X TeX] FAQ or Archive

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Thu Jul 15 18:54:45 CEST 2004

"Historical information" is a bit disingenuous as, presumably, the
point is to make it easier for "(beginning?) users".

It is certainly the case that, technically, " "information, and
LaTeX/TeX resources" covers it. "

Yet, the fact is that the rest of us, at least, do respond to certain
cues such as FAQ. It doesn's seem to cost much to anyone to add such
cues as have been suggested and, if will help making it a bit easier
and less frustrating to "challenged" people such as myself to learn
La/teX, it would be cost well spent.

As I have said before, and as I practice in my own corner, I don't care
about much as long as it will help students learn. (Which is why I am
learning the \*!%&//?@\\ LaTeX in the first place.) This might be the
only case where I have not found much wrong with the end justifying the
means. The fact is that, in learning situations, we allow far too many
foreign considerations to interfere with the learning process to begin
with.

Respectfully,
Regards
--schremmer