[OS X TeX] .sty

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Jul 3 15:31:58 CEST 2004

Le 3 juil. 04, à 13:38, George Ghio a écrit :

> How and where do I put MY .sty files so latex can find them.? We are
> talking about TeX not teTeX.
>
> Why do I see my life flashing before my eyes?
>
> I tried ~/library/texmf...

You need to go deeper inside the hierarchy of TeX folders, to get TeX
and its various ancillary programs to find the files it needs. Namely,
for LaTeX style files they should go inside ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/.

Basically, you have to reproduce for your personal additions inside
~/Library/texmf/ the hierarchy found inside
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/. The best way to learn IMHO is to
explore its various subfolders and see how things are organized.

You said you installed from TeXLive, not teTeX. I've got no idea what
the possible differences may be. Both should adhere to the TDS (TeX
Directory Structure), documented in
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/help/tds.dvi (or wherever and in
whichever form the file tds.tex may live on your TeXLive setup).

Good luck,

Bruno Voisin