[OS X TeX] Flashmode 2.0 all variants

Jon Guyer jguyer at his.com
Fri Dec 31 05:01:01 CET 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 8:55 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> There hasn't been a discussion about Alpha only one about emacs.
> Unfortunately, I don't know Alpha and therefore I don't know, if Alpha
> is Applescriptable (emacs, e.g., is not). Moreover, even if Alpha were
> scriptable, I would have to invest some time to learn the basics of
> Alpha.

Alpha is AppleScriptable, and any programmer conversant in Tcl can add
to the AppleScript/AppleEvent interface as they see fit.

If you can define the AE interface you want, I can write Alpha's end of
it for you.

> However, if you would be satisfied with a no-frills version, i.e.,
> only Flashmode, no additional scripts, then Alpha had only to meet the
> following requirements: it should understand the Applescript commands
> for
>
> 1. Revealing the path of the front most tex file (though this
> particular information could also be obtained from TeXniscope).
>
> 2. Revealing, if a document is modified, i.e., contains unsaved
> changes.
>
> 3. Saving the document.

Alpha supports Textures synchronicity and flash behavior, so all of
this should be no problem.

To be clear, all of these are events you'd like to send to Alpha? You
don't want Alpha to notify Flashmode of changes on its own?

Have you considered basing your communications on Bare Bones' ODB
Editor suite? It seems like a natural starting point (and Alpha already
supports it).

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>