[OS X TeX] The .enc problem

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Dec 30 17:08:01 CET 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 16:55, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 30.12.2004 um 14:05 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
>> $ grep ENCFONTS /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
> Since I now learned about this other configuration file: why does it
> set

Oh oh, now I have opened a can of worms. ;-)

> 	% A place for local additions to a "standard" texmf tree. If defined,
> 	% teTeX's texconfig also stores modified config files here:
> 	TEXMFLOCAL = $SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf-local
>
> when I have my addi(c)tions obviously in
> $SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf.local? Afterwards
>
> 	TEXMF = {$HOMETEXMF,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFDIST}
>
> is defined, meaning that my local site-specific additions would not be
> found (except fro my private parts in $HOMETEXMF), as (almost) every
> search path starts with $TEXMF ...
>

> Just a misunderstanding?

The file which sets texmf-local (from TeX Live) is read after the one
which sets texmf.local (from me) so the setting in
/usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf is used instead.

Order:
	1. Environment
	2. /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf
	3. /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
	4. Built-in (compile time defaults)

Anything that is found is not reset to the values found later. So, the
setting in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf for TEXMFLOCAL etc are used.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>