[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 8.50 i-Package

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 21 01:12:40 CET 2004

On 21 dec 2004, at 0:58, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> So, TL2003/teTeX 2.0.2 is not pure 2003, it has some updated packages.
> Basically, the gwTeX part is more up-to-date, as is TeX4ht, Latin
> Modern, etc.

Speaking of tex4ht: in the tex4ht manual there are several additional
scripts or links which can be used to call htlatex with some presets.
See for example
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn3.html#QQ1-3-8
The commands xhmlatex &c. seems to be missing from my installation
TL2004-normal.

> TL2004/teTeX 3 might therefore even have some parts which are older
> than the TL2003/teTeX 2.0.2 version because they were not part of
> teTeX 2.0.2

Like Context (for which you have a separate updater), but I guess there
are more.

> TL2003: teTeX 2.0.2, gwTeX(now), stuff in gwTeX since 2003 added to
> teTeX 3 (now)
> TL2004: teTeX 3, gwTeX(now)
> TL2004-exp: teTeX 3, gwTeX(now)
>
> Confused?

A little: I thought I installed TL2004 experimental, but the version of
pdftex is still at pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3). Maybe I
did something wrong...

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>