[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 8.50 i-Package

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Dec 21 00:58:27 CET 2004

On 20 Dec 2004, at 23:02, Herb Schulz wrote:

> Did you just put your 10.2 on the iPod?

Yep. I copied it with CCC from an existing disk containig a backup.

> Are there any updated packages between TL2004 and TL2400-experimental?

TL2400 is still while off.

The answer so far is largely no, or I do not know as I draw the texmf
extras outside teTeX (the gwTeX part) largely from TL2004 at time
'now'.

The i-Package contains 3 sets of binaries, two teTeX texmf trees and
one set of extras.

TL2003 = binaries from 2003, teTeX 2.0.2, additional packages in gwTeX
from *now*, additional packages from *now* which have later been added
to teTeX
TL2004 = binaries from 2004, teTeX 3, additional packages in gwTeX from
*now*
TL2004-exp = binaries from 2004+, teTeX 3, additional packages in gwTeX
from *now*

So, TL2003/teTeX 2.0.2 is not pure 2003, it has some updated packages.
Basically, the gwTeX part is more up-to-date, as is TeX4ht, Latin
Modern, etc.
TL2004/teTeX 3 might therefore even have some parts which are older
than the TL2003/teTeX 2.0.2 version because they were not part of teTeX
2.0.2

Or:

TL2003: teTeX 2.0.2, gwTeX(now), stuff in gwTeX since 2003 added to
teTeX 3 (now)
TL2004: teTeX 3, gwTeX(now)
TL2004-exp: teTeX 3, gwTeX(now)

Confused?