[OS X TeX] TeX output into Word documents?

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sat Dec 4 12:23:17 CET 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 02:00:43AM -0500, david craig wrote:

> From time to time I need to include TeX output in Word documents.  All
> of the approaches I have tried have some annoying drawbacks -- look fine
> on screen but print poorly; look awful on screen but print ok on ps
> printers (eps), but "print to pdf" awfully; look awful on screen AND
> print (pdf) -- and so on.
>
> What do people do that works well?  I'd like it to be a process which
>
> (a) has few steps as possible [I need little bits -- individual
> paragraphs and such, so it needs to be done several times in each
> document]
> (b) prints well
> (b) prints to pdf well
>
> Any advice and shared experience appreciated.
>
> David Craig

No shared experience to offer, but my guess is that 600dpi bitmaps
ought to work well both for printing to pdf and for screen
viewing.

Only, I don't know of a short road get there: preview lets you
select pieces from your document and export as pdf, but apparently
doesn't let you set resolution. My old version of Graphic
Converter does let you set resolution on importing eps files, but
apparently doesn't support pdf at all.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>