[OS X TeX] Problems with lozenge, square root

Robert Voogdgeert rvoogdgeert at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Apr 23 16:18:59 CEST 2004

Dear TeXers,

I don't know how to solve the following problem: I need to copy-paste
text from a database with classical Hebrew texts into my editor
(BBEdit). A lot of vowel signs are signs that have a special meaning in
TeX, lozenge, square root, etc. I can't change anything in the
database, so I need TeX to treat these signs as normal characters.
Can anybody tell what to do in order to get this working.

Sincerely,
Robert.