[OS X TeX] LaTeX -> Word?

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Apr 20 11:00:47 CEST 2004

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Did you try TtH <http://hutchinson.belmont.ma.us/tth/>? It's free for
> non-commercial use (mostly educational). It converts formulae to
> structural markup, not graphics. The examples display not too bad in
> IE, thus it shouldn't work too bad with Word.

Note that it achieves this using HTML tables, though, so the final
formula will only be moderately editable, and Word is simpy editing HTML
so its output is only what you get out from TtH. I'm not sure if this is
what the OP was looking for.

I don't know Word, but I can only suggest that the related program TtM
(costs for Windows, free for Linux---possibly compilable on Mac OS X)
could be used, which translates TeX to HTML + MathML. Then use the
MathML to generate Word's equations. I wouldn't have a clue if Word's
scripting ability is up to this kind of translation/transformation, however.

Will