[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated (on Yale only)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 2 16:41:36 CEST 2004

On 2 apr 2004, at 16:16, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> From the release notes:
>
> 2004/03/29:
> • ppower4, texpower, pdfslide, pdfscreen, ifmslide and answers now
> taken directly from TeX Live's Master instead from my own (out of
> date) store.

At least that is not on the first of April :-)
(raise your hand
     [like so: \usepackage{pifont}\raisebox{2ex}[0pt][0pt]{\ding{44}}]
if you thought Gmail was an April's Fools joke).

On a related note: do you have an idea when teTeX (i.e. Thomas Esser)
or gwTeX will update latex to the recently released LaTeX2e?
(Officially dated 23rd of December 2003: the 10 year anniversary
edition, see http://www.latex-project.org/ for details. In practice it
was released on 13th of March 2004).

There are some changes that may be of interest to others here as well:
official utf-8 support in the inputenc package (without needing the ucs
package), and various other updates.

I've been hesitant to try and install it myself, but I think this is a
typical change to try out on the Yale package.

Maarten