[OS X TeX] Alpha? (was:TeXShop/teTeX speed using TeX+ghostscript)

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Tue Sep 24 10:43:37 CEST 2002

You could have two copies of each figure (one in eps and one in pdf). Then use
\includegraphics without file extension. TeXShop defaults to pdf,
while other TeX systems such as OzTeX default to eps.

Incidentally, OzTeX on OS X interfaces nicely with teTeX (one can run
dvips, pdflatex, etc from a menu). I have been using Alpha together
with OzTeX for years now. I still do, because Alpha is by far the
best editor for LaTeX (and html, C, perl, etc.). The only drawback is
that it is still not available native on OS X (though I can run it in
Classic and Cmd-T invokes the native OzTeX without incident; Cmd-E in
OzTeX puts me back in Alpha inside classic).

Any hopes of having Alpha X come out anytime soon?

Luis Sequeira