[OS X TeX] TeXshop --> Alpha

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Fri Oct 18 12:36:14 CEST 2002

> What exactly do you mean by "undifferentiated text"? That Alpha does
> not color it?

No, not that it does not colour it. That the text is not broken into
paragraphs, but rather has squares that signify where a return would
have been in the original. And the text does not compile.

> I suggest you try to "Save as..." to foo2.tex and take care to select
> Format: Mac in bottom of the save as... dialog.

The save paragraph dialog box comes up before the tex file opens, so
going to save as is not possible at that point. But once it has opened
I can check and confirm that the Save As dialog box does have Mac
checked.

> Maybe the TeX engine on that machine does not handle Unix line endings.

Maybe, but Alpha can Save As unix format.

Are you saying that there is something in the preferences that I should
look out for?

Adrian H.