[OS X TeX] Unicode and TexShop, iTexMac

Cyril Niklaus cynik at gmx.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 06:47:35 CEST 2002

Hi all,
Having recently decided to "waste" time banging my head on unicode and
tex (and some perl to go back and forth between the two; unsuccessfull
until now --perl newbie--, so if someone has an idea, please share), I
did reformat one Sanskrit text from the normal TeX format to using
directly letters with diacriticals (ie \={a} to ā etc).
I had to do this in TextEdit as neither TeXShop or iTeXMac do display
properly UTF-8, nor give the option to use UTF-8. They do compile
properly the text though.
Why is that so, and are there plans to bring UTF-8 support to these
editors? Is it still too much of a mess at the moment?
Cheers,
Cyril