[OS X TeX] TeXShop won't open .ps in jaguar

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Thu Oct 10 15:19:25 CEST 2002

Le jeudi, 10 oct 2002, à 15:05 Europe/Paris, Jean-Claude DE SOZA a
écrit :

>> I had the same message as you.
>> I opened TeXShop.app with a control-click to reveal the contents.
>> Then I edited Localizable.strings with Textedit and saved as the file
>> somewhere  on the desktop by choosing Unicode UTF 8. Finally, I
>> replaced the original file Localizable.strings in the TeXShop.app.
>> After that, no more message in the Console.

That's what I did first, early this afternoon, on a copy of TeXShop.app
that I had moved to the Desktop. And yes, things worked (dragging
PS/EPS files onto TeXShop) after I had done that.

But then I tried taking the original TeXShop.app, unmodified, and
moving it to the Desktop. Surprise: things worked too, with this
unmodified copy.

Then I erased all the TeXShops on my disk and reinstalled it from
scratch. Things work, too.

Or is it that having once modified
TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/Localizable.strings
(opening it in TextEdit.app and converting the encoding to UTF-8)
modifies some .plist file generated by TeXShop, and makes sure that it
works in any case afterwards?

I'm just sure of one thing for now: I'm lost!

Bruno Voisin