[OS X TeX] Jaguar and TeXShop/teTeX - safe?

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed Nov 6 15:50:57 CET 2002

It depends on the speed of your machine, as well as your tolerance for
speed issues. I've found TeXShop to be quite fine, but it may be a
matter of my settings. There is always the option of using other
editors that haven't been reported to have these problems (e.g. Vim,
Emacs, BBEdit). I think the only problem remaining now for some is the
slow updating. However, this isn't a killer. iTeXMac has had some
recent speed problems, but that is being resolved as well.

I think clean installing without a clear need to do so is a waste of
time (coming from someone who has done it more than they should have).
Just remember to run the disk utility and fix permissions after
upgrading.
On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 09:39  AM, Greg Starr wrote:

> I have delayed upgrading to Jaguar, partly because of the TeXShop
> problems reported here; slow updating with syntax coloring, path
> problems, etc.
>
> I'm buying Jaguar today, and I wonder what I should expect as far as
> TeX-related problems?  I'm going to completely wipe my hard drive and
> clean install everything.
>
> I am definitely a "non-expert" TeX user, passably familiar with Unix,
> longtime Mac user.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> 	--greg

> * Gregory P. Starr, Professor and ASME Adviser        *
> * Department of Mechanical Engineering                *
> * The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 *
> * starr at unm.edu          http://www.me.unm.edu/~starr *

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater