[OS X TeX] Full Screen PDF presentation?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Nov 25 04:13:21 CET 2002

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 10:04  PM, Tom Kornack wrote:

> I write all my presentations using pdftex in TeXShop. I currently use
> Acrobat reader to display the pdfs in a presentation mode - filling
> the screen and navigating with the arrow keys. Whereas Acrobat Reader
> renders text using antialiasing, it does not render embedded vector
> artwork using the same beautiful antialiasing. I notice, however, that
> Apple's pdf rendering engine provides much better output and does
> antialias my included pdf graphs, etc. Does anyone know of a simple
> presentation program that would display my pdfs full screen using
> Apple's pdf rendering? Could this be a feature of TeXShop?
>
> A sample presentation is here:
>
> http://www.atomic.princeton.edu/tom/Thesis_Proposal_Presentation.pdf

I just downloaded the pdf and viewed it full-screen in Acrobat 5.0.5
(not reader). All of the vector artwork looks pretty darn good here.
Might it have something to do with whether or not your machine supports
Quartz Extreme (I know that mine does)? In fact it looks good in both
Acrobat and Preview.

-- Gary