[OS X TeX] quartz and pdftex?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at mac.com
Mon Mar 11 18:13:42 CET 2002

Can someone explain the relationship between quartz and tex as it
relates to pdf?  If I understand right, there's very little, except that
an app like TeXShop uses Quartz to display the pdfs generated with
pdftex.

My question is prompted by more concrete issues like: the latest pdf
spec includes support for transparency, but quartz does not currently.
Does pdftex?  If next month Apple announces support for transparency,
what does that mean for pdftex on OS X?

Am playing with a demo of InDesign 2 and trying to figure out
compatibility with tex...

Bruce

"help" (no quotes) in the body.