[OS X TeX] Newbie install and font question

Oscar Chavez oc918 at mizzou.edu
Mon Mar 18 18:06:29 CET 2002

At 10:34 AM -0600 3/18/02, Philip Neukom wrote:
>I am thinking of installing teTeX and TeXShop.  Is this all I will need
>to get a workable installation?

Yes, just do that. The installer works very well. I just installed it
this morning (I've been using MacOS X since Friday, so I qualify as a
complete newbie). In less that half an hour I was creating my first
documents (from source files written before, when I was a MacOS 9
user), and so far everything works fine. You don't even need to know
where is everything (but if you must know, the documentation is very
clear). I just followed the directions in the TeXShop web page, and
that was it.

Oscar Chávez
University of Missouri

"help" (no quotes) in the body.