[OS X TeX] teTeX does not run on OS X

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Mar 12 13:00:21 CET 2002

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 10:57 , lcnlmmns at ruca.ua.ac.be wrote:

> I have the same problem as C. Dube with Texshop (but I work around by
> asking to process in TEX and Ghostscript in stead of in  pdftex). This
> refusal to recognise pdftex occurred indeed first after upgrading TeTex
> to the version of 22/02 (during the installation some other things went
> wrong especially with fonts) I did not solve any of the font problems
> yet--> computer modern only.

I am beginning to suspect that there is a weird permissions issue going
on here, probably having to do with old fmt and efmt files still
available after a new (re)install. Maybe it has to do with the Mac OS X
10.1.3 upgrade changing Security Framework behaviour. I would like
people who experience this problem to contact me so that we can
investigate.

If someone who has this problem can offer me a ssh-connection into their
system, so much the better.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.