[OS X TeX] [ANN] LaTeX enhanced mac-emacs (v. 1.3)

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Sun Mar 3 08:16:34 CET 2002

I've just uploaded a new release of the LeTeX enhanced mac-emacs.
It should fix the crashing problem at the startup. If you downloaded
any previous version you are invited to download this new version.
Get it (and send comments) from
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/mac-emacs/

If you want more LaTeX features to be added to mac-emacs, let me know.

This Emacs is built on top of the mac-emacs.sourceforge.net emacs-21.1
distribution (for MacOSX), enhanced with fully customisable LaTeX
editing environment based on auctex and other packages. This installer
includes everything (but not tetex and ghostview); there is no need to
have X11 installed. From mac-emacs, you can launch directly any latex
process or any mac application (like MacGhostview, Acrobat Reader,
TexShop, OzTeX, etc).

To make a full install double-click mac-emacs-install; this will copy:
- the Emacs package in /Application
- the mac-emacs program on the Desktop
- the OSX PowerAddOns Lite file in /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions

Notes:
- The mac-emacs application can be double-clicked and accepts files
  drag-and-dropped onto it.
- Always launch (or drag-and-drop to) the mac-emacs application, never
  the Emacs package.
- The mac-emacs application can be moved from the /Applications
  folder; the Emacs package can not be moved from the /Applications
  folder.
- No X11 is required.
- mac-emacs requires a working installation of teTeX and ghostview.
- The creator code of the mac-emacs application is EMAx.
- mac-emacs loads automatically the file ~/.mac-emacs if it exists.
  You can study the file
  /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/share/emacs/site-lisp/loadup.el
- To customise the LaTeX Command menu, modify the fully documented file
  /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-site.el
- To have full spelling checking capabilities, install "ispell" from
  fink. The latest precompiled binary is usually available with dselect.
- Bugs (from the original Emacs distribution): This port of Emacs does
  not support 3 buttons mice; customisation browsing still does not
  work.

To play with it, open a .tex file; from the command menu (or with C-c
C-c) select "latex" and, if the compilation is successful, then "view".

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.
------- end of forwarded message -------