[OS X TeX] What happens to Myfile.aux?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Jul 10 15:37:20 CEST 2002

In my experience, it sometimes happens that when LaTeX encounters an
error and you don't force it to carry typesetting to the end (for
example if you go back to the editing window, correct the error and
typeset again), or if you don't interrupt typesetting yourself by typing
"x" at the bottom of the console window then hitting the return key,
then incorrect or incomplete data is written to the .aux file and this
creates a LaTeX error next time your document is typeset.

If you use the babel package, then the error during this second
compilation is even worse.

In my experience, if this happens to you, just delete the .aux file and
typeset again, or enforce typesetting to go until the end by typing "s"
(for scrollmode) at the bottom of the console window then hitting the
return key.

Bruno voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.