[OS X TeX] spellcheckers

William Adams wadams at atlis.com
Mon Jul 22 20:52:32 CEST 2002

Matthias said:
>WordServices were never used by a large number of applications, iirc.

Right, 'cause the developer had to manually enable support for it.

I had said:
>> Blame Apple for not making that coeval / interchangeable with the
>> NeXTstep-derived Cocoa implementation.

>Well, they obviously made it interchangeable with Aspell, which
probably is
>a much wiser choice...

``that'' is Classic/Carbon Wordservices. It's been my contention for a
long while that Apple should've made equivalent Carbon/Classic and
NeXTstep elements interchangeable (for example contextual menu items
should map to Services and vice versa) (But it's easy for me to say
things like that since I'm not responsible for getting them done, or
budgeting for them, &c.).

Aspell is I'm pretty sure a NeXTstep port, so it'd be hard for it not to
be supported by Cocoa apps.

William

"help" (no quotes) in the body.