[OS X TeX] Plain TeX and OS X [slightly OT]

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Sun Jul 28 18:48:10 CEST 2002

Le samedi 27 juillet 2002, à 06:50 , Joseph Slater a écrit :

> On Saturday, July 27, 2002, at 08:20 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>
>> One more thing, in case you consider switching to LaTeX and investing
>> time for this (a personal opinion, perhaps wildly wrong): with LaTeX
>> 3, aka Sleeping Beauty, I'm not convinced of the future of LaTeX.
>
> Would you elaborate? You apparently know more about L3 than I do (which
> is nothing).

Sorry, I raised expectations which I cannot fulfil: I've got no inside
information about LaTeX3, it's just a personal feeling motivated by the
facts that the LaTeX3 web page <http://www.latex-
project.org/latex3.html> hasn't been updated for almost two years and
the related experimental code <http://www.latex-
project.org/code/experimental/> is about one-year-old.

But since I have never attended a TUG meeting, maybe I'm just plain
(sic) wrong! I just had a look at the TUG site and saw that the program
of this year's Annual Meeting has one keynote speech on ConTeXt, so this
one seems pretty much alive, and speeches on Unicode and Omega, so maybe
Omega isn't dying after all (one hypothesis I made in one posting to
this list a couple of weeks ago).

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.