[Mac OS X TeX] Reason for dvips: ! expected to see %%EndBinary at end of data

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Mon Jan 28 19:12:18 CET 2002

With dvips 5.86e the error in the subject occurs when including certain
Adobe Illustrator files. According to Tom Rockiki (dvips author):

> Illustrator versions 8.0 and 9.0 generate invalid DSC at the top of
> their files, and this causes dvips to reject these files when comment
> elision (-K) is turned on. Essentially, the byte count in the hex
> thumbnail section is flagrantly incorrect.

A new version of dvips (5.86f) will be able to handle these broken
Illustrator files.

The current teTeX-TeXLive distribution uses dvips 5.86d by default which
does not have this problem.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.