[Mac OS X TeX] Re: emacs 21.1

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Fri Feb 22 22:45:39 CET 2002

MG> What drove me to give up on emacs 21.1 and move to Xemacs is the still
MG> extant bug in Aqua Emacs that shell commands (like executing latex) don't
MG> work because the PATH variable isn't set correctly.  I'm sure it'll get
MG> fixed eventually.  And when it does, I may go back to Aqua Emacs because I
MG> do prefer its look to Xemacs.

That's the easiests problem to solve. See my previous posting on the
.MacOSX/environment.plist

One thing that bothers me but doesn't stop me from using emacs is that is
hangs quite often. E.g. when I open a new .tex file with auctex, it prompts
for a master file, and then it hangs.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl