[Mac OS X TeX] Dutch hyphenation

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Wed Feb 20 14:22:40 CET 2002

Gerben & Maarten,

Thanks for the replies to my query.

I used "kpsewhich language.dat" to check which copy is used. It is :

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/generic/config/language.dat

I checked it and it has USEnglish, french, german, ngerman, dutch and
spanish active.

But TeXShop says:

"This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020204 (Web2C 7.3.7)
(./7_werkgroep.tex{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>
Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german,
ngerman, nohyphenation, loaded."

and complains when I use dutch or spanish.

As for Maarten's suggestion that the language.dat version that
resides in texmf.local can be removed: is that consistent with what
kpsewhich language.dat reveals?

Martin Stokhof

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.