[Mac OS X TeX] I need a http-server for my (TeX) distributions

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Feb 26 20:18:51 CET 2002

Hello TeX-on-Mac OS X world and Mac OS X Admin world,

Currently, I provide a TeX distribution (easy install) on an ftp-server
in The Netherlands. I am changing to a new mode of distribution and
because I use a tool developed in Cocoa and since the Cocoa class NSURL
does not support ftp:// yet, I need a http-server. Given that the new
mode of distribution will automate part of the upgrade process (and
split the installation in different chunks so that I can make
distributions and upgrades (much asked for) and given that the system
will have to know where to look for the upgrades, I need a location that
is stable. I also must be able to upload stuff to the location using
rsync (either to an rsyncd or sshd).

Who is willing to provide this for me?

(And if Apple reads this: an upgrade of the system such that NSURL
understands ftp would be a perfect solution).

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.