[Mac OS X TeX] emacs 21.1 and teTex

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Wed Feb 13 22:37:54 CET 2002

TR> Hi folks.
TR> I have tried today to walk on the Unix side: I have found Emacs 21.1 on the
TR> web and it seems to work nicely on my IbookFW+OsX.1.2. But when I wanted to
TR> compile my Tex file, I obtained a

TR> [localhost:~/Documents/Encours/CaRa] thierry% latex \\nonstopmode\\input
TR> MagnSch.tex
TR> latex: Command not found.

I suppose you mean a Aqua version of Emacs21.1, not the terminal version.
The Aqua version doesn't get started from a shell and therefore doesn't
have the proper PATH variable. You can set the PATH (and any other
environment variable) for programs that are started from the Desktop bij
editing an property list in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
(you will probably have to create this file and the directory, as they are
not present by default.
Use the variable name as key, and the corresponding value as string. For
example I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist SYSTEM "file://localhost/System/Library/DTDs/PropertyList.dtd">
<plist version="0.9">
<dict>
	<key>HOME</key>
	<string>/Users/piet</string>
	<key>PATH</key>
	<string>/Users/piet/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin:/Users/piet/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/sw/bin</string>
</dict>
</plist>

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>