[OS X TeX] Which Alpha ... ??

Sam Broderick sbroderick at mac.com
Thu Aug 1 18:54:59 CEST 2002

Still waiting for the native Alpha. There are a number of shortcomings with
Alpha TK. For example:

    - the toolbar bit for show invisibles is gone
    - it refuses to hide
    - \eqnarray completion has no shortcut, no label and doesn't ask for the
number of rows.
    - no drag and drop

Can't think of any more of the top of my head, but it's still beta. It's
also a good bit more expensive than Alpha. That said, it's better than
booting into Classic. One of things I miss most is not having spell check
while you type.

Cheers

Sam

> Subject: [OS X TeX] Which Alpha ... ??
> From: "Michael Murray" <mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:04:50 +0930
>
> Mac OS X seems to bring lots of choices. We have numerous tex applications
> and now it seems two versions of Alpha ?
>
> Am I right in assuming that AlphTk and AlphaX (not released yet) are
> different shareware applications in terms of licensing.  Can anyone
> comment on the differences between them?
>
> Thanks - Michael

"help" (no quotes) in the body.